Spider Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spider Man

Post  Pipp on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 14:22

I really liked the new ones. I think the chemistry between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacey is fantastic such a shame about what happens in the second film.  Sad Left me crying for ages.
Pipp
User

Fav' Movie Character : Loki

Back to top Go down

Re: Spider Man

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 16:24

Are these the Toby McGuire films or the recent ones? Haven't seen the recent ones. I quite liked the ones around 10 years ago though.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
 4th Doctor  Vadering Time  Batman 
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 17:15

These would be the more recent ones; the originals didn't feature Gwen Stacey. Well, the third film did briefly but we don't talk about the third film... It is forbidden. Razz

Well I really quite like the Toby McGuire films. My favourite is the second film, personally. The first one is good, too. And as I said, Spiderman 3 is not. :laugh:

The new ones though... I just don't like how cocky he is. I know it's comic accurate and everything but I just can't get on board with it. He's too big headed. I didn't mind the first film, but the most recent second one really put me off this film series. There were some good scenes between Aunt May and Peter but besides that it felt really rushed, dry, emotionless and unmeaningful. We'd seen way too much in the trailers as well, there wasn't much surprise left, not even Gwen's death. Electro was pretty crappy, too, since I just can't enjoy villains that have unconvincing, little or no actual motive for their actions. He literally started destroying stuff because Spiderman forgot his name... Not good enough and I couldn't enjoy it. His actions had no purpose or meaning, so the story fell flat and didn't really make me feel anything.

Everyone says it, but I'll echo it again: just sell the rights back to Marvel for goodness' sake. They would do such a better job than Sony has. Bounce

Kind regards,
Scary
(Co-Administrator and Moderator).
Scary
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 18:06

Agreed ,  Marvel Studios must buy back the rights !!! Then Spiderman could be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and feature in the Avengers ! The Amazing Spiderman 2 was so disappointing , they should everything in the trailer for goodness sakes !
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 18:38

I've never seen the recent ones so can't really comment. From what I've heard, the first one was good, but I don't enjoy Marvel stuff enough to bother getting DVDs. I've seen all three Toby McGuire films. I think, like Scary, I liked the second one the most. The third... oh God... The only thing good about that film was the cool design for the black costume. That film was awful. I remember my mum's face exiting the cinema after she took us to watch it. It would be best described as the face that someone pulls when they know they have wasted around two hours of their life and they know they won't get that time back.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 21:20

Yep, I felt similar emotions. Razz They really ruined Venom. And man, that weird dance thing... What were they thinking? They really shouldn't have packed in three villains either. It really didn't work.

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 22:12

I have to say, despite the atrocious scene, the acting is superb. I remember that girl as well now (with the cookies). I loved her character next to 'evil' Peter. Good actors and reasonable characters in a really bad film with a bad plot.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 14:04

And that, my friends, is how you kill a movie franchise. Razz

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 14:36

It was a real shame, because I loved the characters in films 1 and 2. The characters were good in film 3 and were well acted. I liked the idea that the black suit made Peter a horrible person and made him really nasty to this sweet girl, but the plot was just horrible. As soon as you have a scene like this too, you lose the respect of the audience.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 16:43

Funnily enough, Spiderman 3 is actually not the worst performing Spidey film in terms of box office results. The most recent film, The Amazing Spiderman 2, actually did worse. Ever since the first Toby McGuire film, each proceeding film has actually brought in less and less money.

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 16:58

Surprising. I thought The Amazing Spider-Man did very well.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top