Star Wars Figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars Figures

Post  Scary on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 21:30

Recently picked up the new 'Revenge of the Sith' Darth Vader figure from the 3.75" Black Series. LOVE it! Definitely the the best and definitive Vader figure. Hasbro finally nailed his helmet sculpt in this scale, it looks perfect! He absolutely destroys all the Vaders we've had so far. Super-articulated, too! I definitely agree with what others have said about his shoulders and chest being much more broader; he finally looks like Vader and not so scrawny.

I absolutely love the Vintage Collection ANH Vader but in comparison to this ROTS variant, he completely falls flat, I think.

Out of all the Vaders I have, this is definitely my favourite.

Kind regards,
Scary
(Co-Administrator and Moderator).
Scary
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Figures

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 22:52

I love the Black Series figures. I really want to get some of the 6 inch ones for Christmas. They look fantastic. I have a few of the 3.75 inch figures from ten years ago and some recent ones. I have a really nice ROTJ Vader which is probably my definitive 3.75 inch Vader, but I've never been that keen on figures of that scale. The new 6 inch range is more my thing. I can't wait to get a few.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
 4th Doctor  Vadering Time  Batman 
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:29

The only 3.75" line I've collected is Star Wars figures really. I have a few Marvel movie figures in this scale, but really the only reason I have so much 3.75" figures is because of Star Wars and this previously being the only scale available to us for Star Wars figures. Then when Doctor Who came along in my life, 5" and 6" sort of figures became my preference, however I've always kept buying Star Wars figures on and off.

I got my first Star Wars figures in 1999 when I was just two years old, which were Obi-Wan and Darth Maul from 'The Phantom Menace'. Then I got Mace Windu and Jango Fett from 'Attack of the Clones' in 2002. Then come 2005 when I properly got into Star Wars with the release of 'Revenge of the Sith', I started collecting properly and had hundreds of 3.75" Star Wars figures.

My collection has shrunk a lot since then though, and I've just kept the main characters (I have some others, such as a few Clone Troopers and minor characters, but they're packed away in a box):

As for the 6" line, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. However, I only have a few. I don't plan to buy them all either. I just want Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Obi-Wan, Chewie, Tarkin, Yoda, some Stormtroopers, some Rebels, and maybe Mace Windu, Captain Rex and Commander Cody. This is the collection I have so far though:

They're very well made and the sculpts are great, I'd definitely recommend them!

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Tue 09 Sep 2014, 18:19

Same here. I'll probably just get the original series figures (and maybe Maul). I may get about three Stormtroopers so I have a few to work with when animating. I really need to get on and get some of these for Christmas as prices will rise for the older releases of the figures.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Tue 09 Sep 2014, 18:31

Yeah, I missed Boba Fett when he was out and had to pay double the retail price on eBay. He's in very high demand, as are the Stormies and Vader so I hear.

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Tue 09 Sep 2014, 18:34

Yeah. I can find almost all the figures I want (including Boba Fett, Vader and Troopers) for an average of about £20 each. Not too bad. I think wave 5 (Vader and Luke ep. VI etc) aren't quite out in the UK yet, so that's why they're a little pricey. They are excellent quality figures, so I would pay around £20 for them.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:06

Received some more Rebels from eBay the other day! Also bought Tarkin and Motti.

I'd have preferred to get the newest Tarkin from The vintage Collection but it's quite pricey, so I settled with the POTF2 version, and actually it's not too bad. The likeness to Peter Cushing is great!

And as for Motti, I didn't even know this figure existed! I was quite excited when I saw you can even pose him in a 'force choke' position! Had to pick him up; I found my lack of this figure disturbing... Razz

Last edited by Scary on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:21; edited 1 time in total

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:11

Lovely figures. I really wish they'd make rebel troopers and Imperial officers in the new 6 inch scale. I'm sure if the series continues to do well, we'll get them soon. I'm getting some of the Black Series figures for Christmas. They've already arrived and had a bit of a look at them. They're nice. A shame I can't have them until Christmas.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top