Exam results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exam results

Post  Guest on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:15

Today is A-Level results day which applies to a fair few members, and next week is GCSE results for me and other members, so if anyone wants to share their results here is a thread if you wish.

Back to top Go down

Re: Exam results

Post  TheIronLad on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:23

Yes ! , well done to everybody who got good A level results today Very Happy I'm getting my GCSE results next Thursday , I'm excited to get them but also nervous as I know I worked hard but still quite scared about getting my results.
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:25

I got CCD in Biology, Physics and Maths respectively at A-Level. Quite pleased. I plan to go into accounting and this is all I really need for either an apprenticeship (or if I wanted) get a Uni place. Taking a year out though and probably going to work or get an apprenticeship for the coming academic year.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
 4th Doctor  Vadering Time  Batman 
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:28

Fantastic results TFD , I wish you all the best in the future Very Happy
TheIronLad
User

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:56

Thank you very much. For anyone starting their A-Levels (year 12 or 13) in September: work your little socks off. Year 12 was probably the worst year of my life and 13 was stressful too (with 7 A-Levels and 3 AS retakes). It's a hard two years, but, although I don't have the best results, it is worth getting those A-Levels at the end. Good luck to the GCSE people with their results and good luck to those starting exam years in September!

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 09:46

Very happy with my results I got -
Business BTEC - A* 
Art - A
Maths - C
Science - C 
Welsh - B
English - B
BAC - Pass (C)
ICT - Merit (B)
So chuffed !
Although I got a D in French but I don't care about French anyway hahaha  Very Happy  lol!
TheIronLad
User

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 12:27

Very good, Iron Lad! You live in Wales or just do Welsh? As Bs and Cs are what you need. What are you planning to do next year? Having never done BTECs, what is BAC?

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 13:14

The BAC is just a course in Wales where you do a few pieces of coursework to test your different skills. BTEC is a course where you just do coursework and is the equivalent of 2 GCSE's. I'm going to go to 6th Form next year Very Happy
TheIronLad
User

Back to top Go down

Post  NigelFromSpace on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 13:26

in my day o level were reLLY tough! they have now been dumbed down for the likes of your generation. i remember in my day my teachers would make us run around the school yard 97 times so that we could pass out o level sport. then we would spear some kids as part of o level history on the spartan warrior clash. we did that to learn how a atheanian warrior would feel! it was great fun. but yeah back to my point i think that gcses are really easy now cos you have got computers which you can look all your information up and cheat and stuff. so yeah i think theyre a lot easier.
NigelFromSpace
User

Fav' Movie Character : Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 14:53

They're not easier. I was around the last year to have them sensible: modular, where coursework is done as a long assessment at school and exams were taken at the end of years 9, 10, and 11 (and languages had about five small exams throughout the year too). Now kids have those same exams (about three times the hours when I compare what I did to my parents) but have them all at the end of year 11. I have good friends having just done those exams. The topics and the way they are marked may be slightly easier (not by much though) but the workload in those two to three weeks is worse. I had friends doing two or three exams a day in a 5 day week for two weeks. The sheer exhaustion of those guys was clear when it came to rehearsing for our summer show. They were too tired on a Friday afternoon to do anything. Gove wrecked the way kids are taking exams. He wanted to put the exams back to year 11, fine, but take away all coursework and still make kids do the same number and hours of exams than in modular. The modular system made exams longer and repeated material to make up for the fact exams were staggered. My mum being a teacher has seen this and is horrified by the workload. I wouldn't talk about exams being 'dumbed down' if I were you.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 18:26

Completely agreed, TFD. I can't stand Gove, I'm glad he's not Ed Sec anymore. Hoping that it is changed back to modular ASAP.

Kind regards,
Scary
(Co-Administrator and Moderator).
Scary
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student

Back to top Go down

Post  MarthaJonesFan on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 04:22

Congratulations on the excellent results everyone!

I got ABC in the subjects I'm taking next year, and a U in the one I'm dropping, so good results all round IMO. Razz

Fav' Movie Character : n/a

http://meetthevamps.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top