Guardians of the Galaxy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guardians of the Galaxy

Post  Guest on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 17:48

I saw this film today, it was very good. It was great to see Karen Gillan and the rest of the cast were great. An action packed adventure!

Back to top Go down

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

Post  Scary on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 17:57

I cannot wait for Guardians of the Galaxy. Going to see it on Tuesday! I'm mostly looking forward to Thanos!! He's so damn badass.

Kind regards,
Scary
(Co-Administrator and Moderator).
Scary
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  NigelFromSpace on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 18:01

i really enjoyed the film even if it was made by them yanks! lul! i really like that chriss pritt guy, i liked the scene where he is showing off his chest! karren gillian was really good as well. and that raccon was hilarious lul!
NigelFromSpace
User

Fav' Movie Character : Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 22:29

Going to watch it on Monday with some mates ! Very Happy Can't wait to see Thanos in action ! I also already love Groot and Rocket Very Happy I also think Drax the Destroyer may stand out as I think he's a pretty underrated character.
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 16:22

I saw this today ! It was amazing , I loved all the characters ! Very Happy I highly recommend you go and see it 10/10 Finally got to see Thanos properly too and Ronan was a great villain. My favorite characters were Rocket and Groot.
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 16:46

From what you say, Iron Lad, might suggest this as a film to see when my Dad gets his two weeks summer holiday soon. If the weather is bad, we often go to the cinema. So far it'll be either this of Lucy (I think has come out). I'm a little excited to see this now.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
 4th Doctor  Vadering Time  Batman 
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  Valeyard on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 17:34

Well, I saw the film yesterday and I loved every second! I mean, you'd probably think you wouldn't see these characters on the big screen for years, but I was so surprised when I saw the first trailer not knowing any of the characters. But Groot and Rocket Raccoon, just the best. Plus, did anyone else love that Baby Groot dancing at the end? That touched my heart and I love that Howard The Duck cameo!
Valeyard
User

Job/hobbies : Student
Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 00:01

Just got back from seeing this! Loved it! There was everything you'd want: action, humour, sad scenes, happy scenes, friendship, bettering oneself, self-sacrifice, and Thanos!!

Lots of very Star Wars elements to it, too, such as the space battles and the aliens, so I felt at home watching this. Bounce

I can't wait to see more of these guys, they're all great. However, I think my favourite is Groot. Razz

Kind regards,
Scary
(Co-Administrator and Moderator).
Scary
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 12:09

Star Warsy you say. Sounds a little more exciting now. I was expecting everyone to say, "It's like the Avengers so it's, like, the best movie ever!" I need to see this now. I'm normally not a Marvel fan, but if it comes away from its Marvel feel, then I'll probably enjoy it.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 23:39

Saw this on Sunday. Crazily ridiculous film. Certainly not the best film in the world and it has the very obvious "we'll invent something to get out of this difficult situation" and "anyone can survive this great fall and huge explosion as long as they are on the side of good". But in a way, it poked fun at that. We know these things are impossible and the film does too, so it goes overboard. Fantastic! It has some funny moments throughout the film (references to 70s and 80s songs and culture) and the clash of personalities is quite funny.

I have to say the effects in 3D were awesome and the costume and look of the film was great. It was a typical good against bad film where the goodies aren't necessarily doing it for moral reasons (I was disappointed when they were as it lost its funny) and the ridiculously sad back-story was a little over-the-top. I guess that's what it is in the comics (not reading Marvel stuff or being interested really apart from X-Men).

[color=#000000]Little end spoiler[/color]:
I did love the end with the Groot cutting dancing to a Jackson Five song. Just the whole idea of Groot coming back as a cutting was clever. Well obviously he can, he's a plant.

I suppose it was the little things that made the film good. One that I would probably only watch again if I was with friends, but not one I would get on DVD or actively seek out to see again alone. It did have that 'feel good factor' though if I may be so 'cliche'.

6.5/10

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammaza on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 19:45

Certainly one of my favourite films of this year, the humour is great throughout the film feels ridiculously well-paced. It's pleasantly surprising how quickly Marvel can make you fall in love with a group of characters you never knew before.

Jammaza
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Pipp on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 17:59

We are Groot, haha! Really enjoyed this. Sad that the rumours of either Thor or Iron Man turning up weren't true but i really enjoyed getting to know the Guardians. This was really funny but not as funny as Iron Man 3 imo.

Pipp x
Pipp
User

Fav' Movie Character : Loki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top