Star Wars

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars

Post  Scary on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 01:36

My favourite movie saga ever. I am so looking forward to December 18th 2015. I hope we see a teaser or something soon. Just something to give us an idea of what is to come in SW7. All we know so far is the main cast, and I'm so glad that Luke, Han, Leia, Threepio, Artoo and Chewie are all returning.

What do you guys reckon SW7 will be about? Discuss! Very Happy

Last edited by Scary on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 02:18; edited 1 time in total

Kind regards,
Scary
(Co-Administrator and Moderator).
Scary
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 14:01

Quite excited for this one. I'm saying in my head it'll be really bad so I'm not disappointed if it is and overwhelmed if it's good, but I think it has potential. It just needs a villain or a cause; a decent plot for it to work. That's all I'm worried about. Great to see the original cast having small roles to pass on hopefully a good sequel trilogy.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
 4th Doctor  Vadering Time  Batman 
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 02:55

I'm so excited to actually see a Star Wars movie in a cinema. Of course, I was alive for all of the prequels but I was too young to remember the first two (except for the figures) and never actually saw them in the cinema, I waited until they were on VHS. Mind, I do remember buying figures for all three, and I remember all of the trailers and the hype for Episode 3, too. That's when I really properly got into Star Wars actually.

It'll be great to see these new SW films when they're released, buy all the merchandise, get excited by the trailers, etc. It's gonna be like reliving my childhood, but it will be even better!
cheers Vadering Time

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 09:51

I agree Scary , I can't actually wait to see a Star Wars film in the cinema. I've become a quite a big fan in the past few years , although I don't own them on DVD or have many figures ( Only Han Solo and Luke in 3.75" scale). I'm guessing the trailer will be released in SDCC 2015.
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 10:28

That's most likely. I'm old enough to remember ep. II hype and all the figures and the trailers. I always wanted to see it (especially as I had a cool friend who always saw things like that). I was leaving primary by the time ep. III came out. Never saw it and desperately wanted to knowing the hype around it and actually how good it was. I remember buying figures so early. I got into Star Wars so early, but only saw the films a few years ago. I realise how brilliant the originals are to the prequels. I can't wait to get hyped again and then go and actually see a Star Wars film as it comes out for the first time.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 23:24

New design for the Stormtroopers in SW7! So happy to see this! I would have preferred the original design of course, but I'm just glad to see that the Empire survived the Emperor's defeat and will remain as the villains. It wouldn't be Star Wars without them!

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Sat 16 Aug 2014, 00:08

An actually likable design. Even if I was hoping for a 70s SW look, why would the technology look as it did 30 years ago? It would look similar and probably carry out the same function, just better. I wonder if the troopers can survive a gunshot to the leg now and whether their armour actually works. Nice to see it still keeping a similar style though and not going haywire like the prequels.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Sat 16 Aug 2014, 18:03

Yeah, it's very close to what we already had, but it's different enough to feel fresh and new. I'm glad it's not so redesigned that it's unrecognisable. Bounce

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Sat 16 Aug 2014, 18:53

Also glad to see that we have at least some kind of Empire that still exists. Might be quite exciting seeing some post Empire politics and seeing certain loyalties still in existence. I wonder what exactly has happened for the Empire to still exist, or be restored.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 16:52

This would be really interesting to see! I'm not really sure what it would entail - I assume it will be something to do with the 'dark times' between Ep 3 and 4, trying to remain hidden from Vader, help overlook Lule's upbringing and help Bail Organa &co on Alderaan to form the Rebel Alliance. Whatever happens, I'd definitely welcome the idea of seeing more of Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan! Very Happy

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:06

Very interesting. I'd love to have at least one film set between episodes III and IV. That time is most interesting in my opinion. McGregor's Obi-Wan was one of the few well portrayed characters in the prequels. A fantastic actor and he does justice to Guinness' portrayal of Ben. He would be superb as an even older Obi-Wan and it would be very interesting to see the individual details of Kenobi's life between episodes III and IV.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:16

The Fourth Doctor wrote:Very interesting. I'd love to have at least one film set between episodes III and IV. That time is most interesting in my opinion. McGregor's Obi-Wan was one of the few well portrayed characters in the prequels. A fantastic actor and he does justice to Guinness' portrayal of Ben. He would be superb as an even older Obi-Wan and it would be very interesting to see the individual details of Kenobi's life between episodes III and IV.

TFD Big Grin

I have to agree. Not only would I like to see more of Obi-Wan from that time period but I hope even more that we get to see more of the Empire and Darth Vader, too. I'd probably be more excited for that than I am for Ep 7. There's a 20 year gap between ROTS and ANH, that's a lot of stuff we missed! Vader was in his prime. Unfortunately all we've seen of Vader is his rise and his demise, but nothing in between. They could make a whole new saga in that 20 year gap!

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:21

Yeah. I suppose that's why I love The Force Unleashed so much. We get to see what happens much more with the Empire in 'early days' (not really early as it's a few years before ANH but we see little of Vader in ANH anyway). Seeing the Empire still being a little unstable (say 5-10 years after RotS) would be an interesting point to set a film about Vader/the Empire etc.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:28

The Force Unleashed was a lot of fun. I've only finished the first game though. I own the second but haven't played it yet. Might do that tonight whilst I'm in the mood actually!

I've always wondered to myself how much cooler the prequels would have been if Episode 1 was 'Revenge of the Sith' and the other two films were just the Empire and Vader hunting down Jedi and other cool 'dark times' stuff. Bounce

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:33

They definitely would have been more interesting. Anakin would have been a more believable person. Episode III could have been episode I (with a backstory of the main things that happened in the actual episode I and II possible with flashbacks) with new episode III ending a few years before episode IV. We could have seen the early empire days through to a strong immovable empire that's seen in episode IV.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Minty Cyberman on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 16:05

Never been too overjoyed with this film series. First three are a bit dull. The se/prequels are horrendous. Urgh. Hopefully this latest cash in cow film will be better.
Minty Cyberman
User

Fav' Movie Character : Rick Blaine

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 16:11

Have you ever seen the original theatricals? Lucas has butchered the original films with new effects and re-cut scenes. The originals flow a lot nicer and the CGI doesn't get in the way (plus the Jabba scene doesn't involve stupid dancing).

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 16:13

The Fourth Doctor wrote:Have you ever seen the original theatricals? Lucas has butchered the original films with new effects and re-cut scenes. The originals flow a lot nicer and the CGI doesn't get in the way (plus the Jabba scene doesn't involve stupid dancing).

TFD Big Grin

I believe the original cuts that were shown in theatres have finally been released on DVD by Disney, so I heard. I've been trying to find them though, I don't know what the cover looks like, etc!

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 16:19

They were released a few years back on DVD (on disc two) of this set:

They're not HD or Blu-ray or anything, but decent quality. They play in 4:3 ratio (but letter-boxed) so you'll have to zoom in on a laptop or TV. I don't care about HD, so I'm not bothered, but it does bug people that they're not available on Blu-ray.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 16:22

Brilliant, thank you TFD! I will have a look for those so I can replace my 1997 special-edition versions with the horrible Phantom-Menace-esque CGI.

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 16:25

On disc two you can watch the originals. I only watch disc two, but it's still good. I have no idea what 'cut' is used for the CGI original trilogy, but I don't care.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 16:26

The Fourth Doctor wrote:On disc two you can watch the originals. I only watch disc two, but it's still good. I have no idea what 'cut' is used for the CGI original trilogy, but I don't care.

TFD Big Grin

Oh so it has the edited and the original versions? That's interesting!

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 16:31

Scary wrote:
The Fourth Doctor wrote:On disc two you can watch the originals. I only watch disc two, but it's still good. I have no idea what 'cut' is used for the CGI original trilogy, but I don't care.

TFD Big Grin

Oh so it has the edited and the original versions? That's interesting!

Yes. The Original Trilogy box contains three separate (slim) DVD cases. Each case is for each of the three originals films. Disc one (for each film) contains the NEW cut of the film with CGI (and special features etc.). Disc two contain the original theatrical and special features for that original theatrical.

I would highly recommend it. It's not that pricey (I don't think at the moment) and Disney probably won't release HD versions of the proper originals for a few years (depending on how the films do).

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top