Post  VirtualDalek on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 16:48

Ah can't be bothered Laughing

Job/hobbies : Making a mess and blaming someone else
Fav' Movie Character : Johnny English

http://www.youtube.com/user/virtualdalek

Back to top Go down

Re: Blade Runner

Post  Pendrin on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 18:31

I hate to disagree with you Camp, but I really didn't like it, and it stands of one of the few films I've fallen asleep in, which I use as a scale of how interested I am in it.
Although the ideas behind it are there and it's a unique concept, the execution really didn't agree with me. In fact, the whole dark mood, along with the gritty quality added in made it almost depressing to watch, and in places this left me feeling that I, as a viewer, wasn't perhaps made to appreciate the surroundings as much as I could. I can't really give examples as I haven't seen it in a while, but that's really all I can remember - it was very dark and dirty.
Not only that, but the pace didn't agree with my either. Lots of the scenes I was actually awake for were really dragged out. True, this was the 80s and things were slower back then, but even so, I really was hoping they'd get a move on!
And that awful music! All that did was making things worse! Thinking about it now, I'm not surprised I fell asleep with that going on. True, I suppose it engaged with the themes and scenes well, but much like I said before, it just dragged everything out to the point of losing interest. It was far too wishy-washy, dreamy and slow for my taste. For a sci-fi film, I would have expected something exciting, with rhythmical interest as well as a varied and colourful melodic line(s).

I really wish I could appreciate it more, but it really failed to impress me the first time round.
Pendrin
Administrator

http://www.nerdsoup.net

Back to top Go down

Post  tombaker64 on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 00:08

I thought this film was great personally. I love films with dark and gritty tomes and that was also the reason I thought that the Dark Knight Trilogy was one of the best trilogys ever made (Up there with the original Star Wars filma and LOTR). The final part of the film was really well doneand was probably the best part of the film and I loved Rutger Hauers performance as the insane Roy Batty. Overall I'd give it a 9/10

Last TV Episode Watched: Doctor Who: Paradise Towers
Last Film Watched: Birdemic 2: The Resurrection
tombaker64
User

Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top