Physics, Chemistry or Biology?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Physics, Chemistry or Biology?

Post  VirtualDalek on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:05

Which science do you prefer and why?

Personally, I really enjoy Physics, as it comes easily to me and is very interesting as an insight into how the world works. Looking forward to further Physics at A level and Uni, possibly. Having said that, I do enjoy Chemistry, for the explosions and fire and chemicals, hehe Razz

Job/hobbies : Making a mess and blaming someone else
Fav' Movie Character : Johnny English

http://www.youtube.com/user/virtualdalek

Back to top Go down

Re: Physics, Chemistry or Biology?

Post  Valeyard on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:08

Mmmmm, never tried them and after an incident at my school, I'm going to try and pay as much attention as I can.
Valeyard
User

Job/hobbies : Student
Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  GeekChic112 on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:12

I'm ok at all three, but I think I like chemistry the most. It's mainly because I'm terrible at biology and learning stuff. Then a lot our physics is based on space and is therefore mostly theories. Science is meant to be about concrete evidence and out of the three, physics has the least proven stuff.

User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:25

Science is overall my favourite subject at school, it really interests me and I hope to maybe go into a science-related profession. We started our GCSE level Science at the start of Year 9 (so September 2011), and since then we've only done Chemistry and Biology, which we'll finish off this year, and then we're doing Physics GCSE in Year 11. So I can't judge Physics to the same level as the other two, but out of Chemistry and Biology - definitely Chemistry. I find it a lot more logical.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrin on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 20:14

Goodness me, I don't know where to start really. I like all of the sciences, although I seem to be best at biology, as it's quite physical and easier to explain things. Then again, I can do the maths side of physics really well, and generally the physics topics are a lot more interesting.
That said, the most interesting stuff I've seen is biochemistry, which, as the name suggests, is the gap in between bio and chem. The reason I say this is because it's quite literally a bridge between the particle and intermolecular worlds of physics and chemistry, and more physical and molecular worlds of biology, earth sciences and astronomy. One of the things I found most interesting was looking at how biological molecules are made directly from atoms, and how this explains the properties of the larger molecules. It's really quite complex stuff, so I find it hard to explain without going into great detail. All the reading I've done is outside of GCSE work, although I think we've touched on a few of the fundamental biochemical principals.

The thing I find most hard is that fact that GCSE science is made up of lots of lies! From what I've heard, the GCSE rulebook gets thrown in the bin for A-level because it was so dilute and wishy-washy, so be warned!
Pendrin
Administrator

http://www.nerdsoup.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Oswin on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 02:34

Well, Biology was the only subject that interested me when I was making my SG course choices back in 2010, but even at that, I am not really interested in it. Razz

It's alright, because it gives you an insight as to what happens in the world around us, in animals, in the human body, in plants, etc - but I just cannot stay focused at school, and often do not complete the homework, etc. But, having said that, I do perform well in the end-of-topic assessments, and the S3/4 exams - achieving 3-4 SG C-G grades.
Oswin
User

Fav' Movie Character : The Invisible Actor

Back to top Go down

Post  VirtualDalek on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 16:46

Just done my science homework, a mock exam for all three, phew! I think I did best in the physics one, as that's the only one I completed without looking back though my notes Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrin on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 19:48

GCSE physics is a complete doddle. As I said before, at A-level it gets harder. I think the reason it appeals to boys so much is because you can work most of it out, and there's really not much learning involved. The learning that is involved is rather logical and straightforward anyway, at least I think so, and once you understand it, it's not that hard to apply the principals to the 'real life situations' the GCSE people like to throw at us.
Pendrin
Administrator

http://www.nerdsoup.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Morbius on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 21:14

Either Chemistry or Biology, but I suppose Physics is alright. I'm doing Triple for my GCSE and so far it's been good!
Morbius
User

Back to top Go down

Post  tombaker64 on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 20:33

I personally prefer Biology because I found Chemistry to be quite boring except for the practicals. I haven't started Physics yet so I don't have an opinion on it yet.

Last TV Episode Watched: Doctor Who: Paradise Towers
Last Film Watched: Birdemic 2: The Resurrection
tombaker64
User

Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  MarthaJonesFan on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 20:40

Chemistry definitely, it's the most interesting but I don't really like any of them...

Fav' Movie Character : n/a

http://meetthevamps.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  VirtualDalek on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 20:43

Chemistry has gained some of my attention moving onto my 3rd GCSE unit on it, exploring the elements and the periodic table is strangely interesting. Physics is great at the moment, out teacher is great and hilarious, wouldn't be half as good without him Razz Biology is pretty cool too, dissected some lungs on Monday, a strangely satisfying lesson. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Withdrawn_Wolf on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 21:31

Im not a fan of any really, i had to take Bio and Chemestry for 3rd year as there were no other choices, and Physics doesnt intrest me that much. But if i had to choise, it would be Chemestry for the fact that we blow some stuff up in it

Withdrawn_Wolf
User

Job/hobbies : Writing, Novelist

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekScientist on Mon 22 Apr 2013, 21:22

I did biolgy for two years and got a 5 which isnt good but i have just started physics at my 5th year and im really enjoying it more than biolgy i havent done chemistry so i cant say anthing about it really
DalekScientist
User

Job/hobbies : playing Minecraft alot

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad on Tue 14 May 2013, 18:55

Chemistry for me guys. I moved up a "Set 2" a bit ago i think it was the end of march. The teacher I had in set 3 was really good and helpful but the teacher I have now isn't as affective with my education Crying or Very sad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Sat 25 May 2013, 16:10

I take all three and Maths for A-Level. I hate Chemistry... so much... I find it too hard and does not make any sense at A-Level to me. I have a friend who loves it though and is dead good, but really annoys me (as I can't do it). Biology is my favourite and I want to do it at Uni, but without Chemistry, at A2 (as I'll probably drop it) I'll be limited. I love Physics (particle Physics and mechanics, but not waves). I would also have particle Physics as a study option later if I wanted. As soon as you get to do that, Physics opens up and doesn't look like equations. You see how equations are made, by experiments done by famous Physicists and see how something so simple took years to discover because it was so obscure. Love it... and my teachers for all subjects are great too.

TFD Very Happy

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
 4th Doctor  Vadering Time  Batman 
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  Eye of Rassilon on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 21:12

Personally my favorite is physics. Smile
Eye of Rassilon
User

Fav' Movie Character : The Master

Back to top Go down

Post  RandomFudgeMan on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 22:28

I prefer Biology!
RandomFudgeMan
User

Job/hobbies : I love cricket. And Liverpool FC.

http://www.youtube.com/Tav2244

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 on Tue 21 Jan 2014, 19:57

Chemistry for me. Love the experiments we do Razz

DalekEmperor101 wrote:I Worry About You :laugh: 

How can you expect to save others, when you can't save yourself?
DalekEmperor101
User

Job/hobbies : Actor/Writer
Fav' Movie Character : Captain Jean Luc Picard

http://whoviansunited.englishboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top