Doctor Who: Legends

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doctor Who: Legends

Post  Valeyard on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 15:02

Hey folks! Very Happy

I'll be posting some of my own standalone Doctor Who adventures with the Classic Doctors from First to Eighth and maybe The War Doctor. Smile I've got one coming up as we speak! Very Happy

~Valeyard
Valeyard
User

Job/hobbies : Student
Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Who: Legends

Post  Valeyard on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 17:42

Doctor Who: An Oncoming War
Featuring The Seventh Doctor

The Doctor was sat at his armchair, doing a spot of quiet reading. 'War of The Worlds by H.G Wells'. He was no stranger to his works. He had heard of his other book 'The Time Machine', something many humans would simply shake their heads at if you were to tell them it were real. 'Tall tales and nonsense!' They would likely say. Little did they know it was real, and The Doctor, a renegade Time Lord for Gallifrey, was the pilot of one, in the shape of a blue police box from the sixties. And not only that, but his people were capable of Time Travel too! They were all-powerful, and all-wise. Or so the legends would have you believe.

In actuality, they were a corrupt society with dark secrets. 
'Ten million years of absolute power! That's what it takes to be really corrupt!' a past incarnation of The Doctor had said. Many inhabitants of the universe despised Time Lords. A war had broken out. It had spread through time, galaxies, even different universes were affected. The Daleks, mutated and damaged Kaleds affected by the Thal-Kaled war that had lasted 1000 years, were destroying and bringing hell to an array of worlds, some with life, some without. Either way, universes, galaxies and planets were on the brink of destruction. When would the inferno and death end no one knew. The Doctor had known about the war for some time. For him, it hadn't properly started, but the had known for some time, that it was coming for him and his family.

'Do you have any family?' Asked Kathleen Dudman, grandmother of The Doctor's former companion Ace, who was unaware the resurgence of Fenric and The Haemovores was going to commence soon, and that her life would be changed forever.
'I don't know.' Replied The Doctor.
'Oh, I'm sorry!' She said sympathetically. 'It's the war, isn't it? It must be terrible not knowing!' She was of course referencing The Second World War, but The Doctor could only think of The Time War, a storm of destruction that was killing everything, both The Time Lords and The Daleks fighting, desperate to prevent the other race from existing. He knew little of the war, from when he and Ace had arrived on a desert planet in ruins. Skyscrapers, homes, castles, vehicles were vaporised or left to rot and burn, and when some freedom fighters who The Doctor was working with to defeat a Dalek squadron who had kidnapped their people found out he was a Time Lord, they changed. They went from listening, happy and friendly but in extreme fear, to cold-blooded, vengeance filled killers.

'Time Lord. YOU MONSTER!' Screamed one of the fighters, preparing to open fire at The Doctor. Narrowly missing, and now running for his life, The Doctor was confused and scared. After hiding in a corridor and stumbling through a trap door, he found a journal and began to read as to figure out what was going on. He soon found out.

'Our planet has been ravaged. Desolated. Enslaved. Creatures known as Daleks arrived here seeking refuge. Shortly after...those things...they arrived, Time Lords. They stopped at nothing to destroy those creatures. They brought havoc and an inferno to the capital, killing nearly all the population. My children...they were so scared. I held them in my arms as I salvaged them from the rubble and fire. Then the breathing stopped. Anger was the first thing I felt. Then tears. I laid my children on the ground, closing their lifeless eyes.' The Doctor paused. The journal began to distress him.

'My people...they couldn't have done this. They have done wrong, but surely, they wouldn't fly down and wipe out a city and it's inhabitants just to kill two Daleks...' He muttered, clearly worried. 'Dalek refugees...' He paused, for a moment. 'Amlas. If I recall, that's a peaceful planet, hidden in an asteroid belt, a very small planet...smaller than Mercury but larger than Pluto...that explains why they never heard of Daleks.' He read on.

'Then I cried for hours and hours. I hid in the underground caves, hoping The Time Lords wouldn't exterminate me next. They are evil beings. I had hope long ago that they were our galaxy's saviours, not interfering with our affairs, but watching over us, protecting us if necessary. Now I see that they aren't. They are killers, who's purpose isn't to observe and learn, but to destroy and gain power. I guarantee that's all they desire. More power and control.' The Doctor paused again at this description of The Time Lords.

'Well...' He said. 'I'm glad me and this author can agree on something. Not all Time Lords seek power and control, but he's right that many do want it.' He read on to the next paragraph.

'I will not leave these caves. I do not know what is going on up on the surface. But if it's anything like what I witnessed on Vortis from the Starship NS, it's a total massacre. Dead Amlasians and Tarkins everywhere, like the dead Zarbi and Menoptera I saw from the ship. I can't bare to go up there to see something like that again. Time Lords wiping out innocent creatures for their own selfish needs and desire to win some war!' 

'No...' The Doctor whispered, shocked and frightened. 'The Zarbi...The Menoptera! Vortis...I...I...I have to go back once I find Ace and The TARDIS! This cannot be true!' He shouted. 

'SHOW YOURSELF!' Came the familiar shrieking and commanding voice of a Dalek. The Doctor kept quiet, hiding behind some rubble and broken bits of fencing in case The Dalek entered. 'SHOW YOURSELF AND YOU WILL BE SPARED! IF YOU FAIL TO OBEY THIS COMMAND, YOU WILL BE EXECUTED IN FRONT OF THE SLAVES! YOU WILL BE AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THESE SCUM DISOBEY US!' Still keeping still and breathing, albeit very very quietly, The Doctor took a chance and wandered over to the trap door, peering through the hole next to it. The Dalek was looking away, staring soullessly at terrified Amlasians. 'MOVE! OR YOU WILL DIE!' The Dalek ordered. Standing helplessly and being lead away, the prisoners raised their hands in terror. The Doctor watched them leave the area and returned to reading the journal.

'Should anyone find this, Amlasian or Dalek refuge: The Time Lords must pay for the injustice and massacre they brought to Amlas. And Time Lords, if you are reading this: You should be ashamed. All of you. The Time War has gone too far. If it doesn't end, you will tear apart entire universes. Who you are fighting I don't know and don't care. End it. My family is dead because of you. How long until YOUR family dies?' And since reading that, The Doctor became afraid. He was worried for Susan. So when Kathleen said 'It's the war isn't it? It must be terrible not knowing!', all The Doctor could reply was...
'Yes...'

He read on.

'The Dalek reinforcements arrived. I don't know if it was today, yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, for all I know, it could have been a year ago. This is the first time I looked out of the caves, so how the hell would I know? They've been enslaving Amlasians and destroyed the Dalek refugees without mercy. These are clearly a faction of evil renegade Daleks. Surely not all Daleks are bad.'

'Neither are all Time Lords, you just happened to meet the very best Daleks, and the very worst Time Lords.' The Doctor muttered indignantly, believing the author was biased.

'Either way, they've been taking prisoners to the mines from what I saw. I don't know why, but I've since heard explosions, screams, the firing of guns and ear-piercing drills. Whatever is here, these Daleks want it incredibly bad. I also spotted Gallifreyan Shock Troopers landing and opening fire at The Daleks. They went into the mines. Perhaps that explains the screaming. How long until they find m...' The writing cut off, a long line of ink spread across the right page. The Doctor looked down on the ground. An ink pen with the ink spread across the floor. Then he looked beneath the table. The body. Decayed. Eyes wide open like he described his dead children being, with his skin having been peeled off by insects. It was certainly not a pretty sight. The Doctor looked up and closed the journal. He then heard rubble, and rock fell from high above in front of him. On top, was Ace.

'Professor! Come on, let's get out of here!' She said, and opened the trap door with ease, proceeding to run off. The Doctor quickly followed. 'We need to save those slaves in the mines!'

'No.' Replied The Doctor firmly. Ace stopped in her tracks. She slowly turned to look at The Doctor.

'No?'

'Yes. No.' Ace couldn't believe this.

'Doctor, they'll die otherwise! We...'

'We can't do anything.' He said. He tried to pick up a gun that had been left on top of a barrel. His hand phased through it. Ace was amazed. 'This is a time locked planet. I'm not supposed to be here, and neither are you, yet somehow we are. Only now are the effects of these showing. If we save those people, we'll be changing history and destroying a piece of time. You can't change history, Ace. Not one piece.'

'So...how are they going to be saved?' She asked.

'Look.' And he pointed into the sky of dark clouds. Emerging was a blue box heading towards the mines. Laser cannons and Dalek death rays all fired towards it, but it hurled towards them all, dodging each and every shot. 'My future incarnation, I presume. Involved in The Time War as that author called it.'

'Time War?'

'Never mind. I was thinking we could go to Vortis. But regrettably, I presume that's in a time lock too. I'll take you there some day, though. You'll love the Menoptera. Butterfly men who fly about and have buzzy high pitched voices. And Zarbi will freak you out. Human sized ants who stand up on two legs!' The Doctor chuckled.

'Weird. The galaxy's greatest freaks of nature, and somehow they aren't extinct!' Ace replied. 'Professor! Look! The TARDIS!' She pointed towards an alleyway and ran towards it. The Doctor smiled.

'They are extinct, Ace. But I can't save them, like I can't save the Amlasians. But someday, I will. Perhaps when I get involved in this Time War. Which I hope, will be never, and that some other Time Lord stole my TARDIS and is saving Amlasians...' He muttered to himself. 'Time will tell.'

NEXT TIME: THE POWER OF DAVROS
Featuring The Seventh Doctor
It has been a long time since The Doctor has encountered Davros. Now they meet again. The Sixth Doctor was certainly no stranger to courtrooms and trials, but The Seventh Doctor certainly is, and is put on trial not by The Valeyard, but by Davros! Without The Daleks, he seems powerless, but his genius and manipulative nature is not to be underestimated. Will he succeed in proving The Doctor is a killer and destroyer of The Daleks, and will Davros be able to get away with or justify his crimes and actions he committed alongside The Daleks without the courtroom discovering the truth?
Valeyard
User

Job/hobbies : Student
Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top