Memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Memories

Post  DalekEmperor101 on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 18:19

Ive just been browsing, believe it or not, Whovians Create. After looking back on all the fan fics, and the general chat, it is making me remember why the forums were so good. A lovely community, and fun for all. I suggest keeping WhoviansCreate up so we can visit the old memories......And Campions and VD's stories Razz

DalekEmperor101 wrote:I Worry About You :laugh: 

How can you expect to save others, when you can't save yourself?
DalekEmperor101
User

Job/hobbies : Actor/Writer
Fav' Movie Character : Captain Jean Luc Picard

http://whoviansunited.englishboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories

Post  Pendrin on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 18:40

Worry not, WC isn't going anywhere for a long time!
In fact, we kept it up and open for that exact reason - nostalgia. I do look back at it occasionally, especially since I was there from the very beginning. To think of all the hours and hours I spent on that place in its various incarnations - all of the highs, the lows, the wars, the laughs, the people. And it all began over 4 years ago! Over a 5th of my lifetime on the forums!

I can only wonder what is to come of the forums - and of us all - in the next 4 years…
Pendrin
Administrator

http://www.nerdsoup.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 21:12

WC was the first forum I ever signed up to and enjoyed. Before then, I had only signed up to the odd one so I could access some content. For the first time, I could types my thoughts somewhere, where other people would want to listen to them. It's helped me communicate much more easily with YouTubers posting comments and on other forums that I have since enjoyed like Gallifrey Base. Hope that doesn't count as advertising.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
 4th Doctor  Vadering Time  Batman 
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  MarthaJonesFan on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 15:08

WC was a fabulous place, although I can't believe all that time we spent arguing on there :laugh: Just over an online forum also! Feels so weird looking back Razz Loads of good memories though, I loved the little community there, glad most of us are still chatting here now!

Fav' Movie Character : n/a

http://meetthevamps.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:05

So much fun. Late night chatbox gatherings, Virt's quizes (and the arguments that they caused), the radio show, the different podcasts, Camp's and Virt's forum fan-fics, and looking back I even miss the arguments - they may not have been 'fun' at the time, but in hindsight they were certainly entertaining. Razz

Being an admin on there also taught me a lot about people skills, leadership, problem solving & decision making, and even expanded computer skills - the admin panel on these forums are a lot of fun to play around with and have taught me things I'd have never known, such as Javascript and HTML coding.

Most importantly I made some of my best friends on there that I still speak to on a daily basis on Skype and Facebook even today. It's amazing that a mere thread on WhoNA posted by Jamazza led to me joining a forum that would become such a big chunk of the next few years of my life and lead to friendships that will undoubtedly last for years to come. The power of the internet, huh? Bounce

Kind regards,
Scary
(Co-Administrator and Moderator).
Scary
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:24

God, yeah. I remember doing those radio shows. They were fantastic in a weird way. I think they gave me the confidence to speak in front of real people. If I was talking to strangers, or people who only know me online, 'who cares?' I thought. I also adopted my signature: Big Grin.

TFD Big Grin

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering. ~The Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  MarthaJonesFan on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 21:40

Oh gosh the radio shows! Surprised I remember doing my one and only Heisenberg bothered to turn up haha. Fun times!

Fav' Movie Character : n/a

http://meetthevamps.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:08

Besides when there was a war, the forum was definitely busiest when there was a radio show. The chatbox was swarming with people, it was great! Only problem was that the forum quickly turned from a forum about Doctor Who into a forum about music and pop artists, which sort of contributed to the downfall of the forum in the end... Razz

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor on Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:25

Yeah. I think it was probably a wise decision to make a new forum about nerdy things in general. Most of us are into Doctor Who (and it'm mainly why people come here) but we now have a structure to allow us to talk more about Doctor Who and other things sci-fi. Before, when DW was not on or we were losing interest, we had nothing else to talk about so the forum resorted to ranting about music.

TFD Big Grin

The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:38

The Fourth Doctor wrote:Yeah. I think it was probably a wise decision to make a new forum about nerdy things in general. Most of us are into Doctor Who (and it'm mainly why people come here) but we now have a structure to allow us to talk more about Doctor Who and other things sci-fi. Before, when DW was not on or we were losing interest, we had nothing else to talk about so the forum resorted to ranting about music.

TFD Big Grin

Hit the nail on the head. The forum could sometimes go dormant during the time that Doctor Who wasn't on TV, which made the majority of the year a hard struggle. That's why we did things like the radio show to keep people coming online, but inadvertently it led to the forum going a bit awry and off-topic. Razz

Kind regards,
Scary
Scary
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down